Friday, December 16, 2011

Beyond Method #6

The post by Meredith Farkas on eBooks and libraries was timely and informative.  We will probably add ebooks to our library collection at sometime in the future (not in the near future).  The information in the post will help us explain the problems and issues with providing ebooks for library patrons. 
I looked up A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens and the Divine Comedy by Dante.  I could not figure out which which file to select if I had a Kindle.  The various files all work on a computer or an Ipad.  Since I do not have a Kindle, I could not check to see which file might work on the Kindle.  The basic HTML version of the text was easy to read.  I downloaded "A Christmas Carol The original manuscript."  It was easy to read on my computer.  Here is the file: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/30368/30368-h/30368-h.htm.  This version includes pritures and images of scanned original pages.  I'm not sure if this file would work on a Kindle.

No comments: